Welcome, Herron Preparatory Academy families! We are grateful you chose Herron Prep for your child, and are proud to partner with you. Below you will find information to get you prepared for the new year.
This is a typical daily schedule but is subject to change slightly.
7:30-8:00 am: Gentle Entry
8:00-8:15 am: Morning Meeting
8:15-9:45 am: Reading Block
9:45-10:15 am: Word Study
10:15-10:45 am: Recess
10:45-11:15 am: Lunch
11:15 am-12:00 pm: Writing
12:00-12:35 pm: Classical Studies
12:35-1:10 pm: Expanded Studies
1:10-2:10 pm: Math
2:10-2:40 pm: Differentiated Support Time
2:40-3:10 pm: Science/Social Studies
3:10 pm: Dismissal
Before and After Care
The YMCA will be providing on-site before and aftercare service. Pricing details are below; if you are interested in this service, please use this link to register.
||1-2 Day Weekly
Fee Per Child
|3-5 Day Weekly
Fee Per Child
|Before and After Care
Myriad Health and Fitness
We have partnered with downtown Indy-based Myriad Health + Fitness (formerly NapTown Fitness) to bring after-school Fitness Care to Herron Prep! On Tuesdays and Thursdays during the school year, a certified Kids Coach will be on-site to take kids through mini-workouts, games, and other movement-based activities. Registration for Fitness Care will occur quarterly, and a minimum of (8) kids are needed to run the program. Pickup will be at 4:30 pm!
Herron Prep uniforms will consist of:
- Navy, red, or white polo shirt
- Optional navy, red, or white turtleneck
- Khaki pants, khaki knee-length shorts, or a khaki jumper (Cargo-type khaki pants/shorts are allowed through 2nd grade.)
- Navy blue polo dress allowed through 2nd grade (Please click on this link to see a navy blue polo dress. This style of dress can be purchased from wherever you choose.)
- Close-toed shoes with a back to theml; No flip-flops, slides, or clogs should be worn.
- Navy, white, or black socks/tights
- An optional sweater option can be purchased at School Belles using the link below and our school code, S296
- School Belles Link: http://www.schoolbelles.com/myschool/M37/S2962
A list of school supplies by each grade level can be found by clicking on the button below.
HPA Supply List 2021-2022